Report Integrity Violations
The mandate of the Office of Anticorruption and Integrity (OAI) is underpinned by JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游’s zero tolerance for integrity violations to ensure that development funds are used for intended purposes and that those doing business with JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 adhere to the highest ethical standards. OAI identifies and mitigates integrity risks and promotes integrity and respect in JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 operations to help JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 achieve its vision of a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and Pacific region.
To report integrity violations, please provide as much information and detail as possible, including who, what, when, where, why, and how. For example:
- Who do you think committed the integrity violation? Who else might have been involved?
- What happened? Describe the events fully and using as much relevant detail as possible.
- When did it happen? Provide dates, time, and how many times.
- Where did it happen? Include the city and country, and, if possible, the actual address, the name of the building, and the office number.
- How does your allegation relate to JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 business? Was JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 staff involved?
If you have documents, photographs, or other physical and/or digital evidence of the alleged integrity violation, please send that information to OAI, via the Supporting Documents section below.
OAI serves as the initial point of contact for all allegations of integrity violations. These are:
Offering, giving, receiving, or soliciting—directly or indirectly—anything of value to influence improperly the actions of another party.
Examples: Illicit payments in exchange for contract awards, kickbacks in exchange for approvals from project officials or supervision consultants
Any act or omission, including misrepresentation, that knowingly or recklessly misleads, or attempts to mislead, a party to obtain a financial or other benefit, or to avoid an obligation.
Examples: False declarations in a bid submission, e.g. no pending litigation or arbitration, no conflict of interest, false education credentials and/or work experience in an expert’s CV, falsified or tampered supporting documents
Impairing or harming or threatening to impair or harm—directly or indirectly—any party or the property of the party to influence improperly the actions of a party.
Examples: A party physically prevents another party from submitting a bid, threatening a competing firm so they do not submit a bid
An arrangement between two or more parties designed to achieve an improper purpose, including influencing improperly the actions of another party.
Examples: Bid-rigging, favored bidders
Theft, waste, or improper use of assets related to Asian Development Bank-related activity—either committed intentionally or through reckless disregard of the outcome.
Examples: Personal use of cars procured for JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游-financed projects
Conflict of interest
Any situation where a party has interests that could improperly influence that party’s performance of official duties or responsibilities, contractual obligations, or compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Examples: Bids submitted for the same contract by two related firms, bid submitted by a firm that is related to an individual involved in the procurement
Includes (i) deliberately destroying, falsifying, altering, or concealing a material evidence; (ii) making false statements to impede an investigation; (iii) failing to provide requested information; (iv) threatening, harassing, or intimidating any party to prevent it from disclosing its knowledge of matters relevant to an investigation; or (v) materially impeding JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游’s contractual rights of audit or inspection of information.
Examples: Failure to respond to OAI’s requests for information, responding to OAI’s inquiries with false information
Violations of JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 sanctions
Attempting to or participating in an JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游-financed, -administered, or -supported activity while debarred, or entering into a contract variation without OAI’s endorsement.
Examples: Bid submitted by a firm for an JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游-financed contract while debarred by JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游, bid submitted by a firm for an JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游-financed contract while under temporary suspension by JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游
Some integrity violations definitions are harmonized with those of other international financial institutions . These definitions are available in the following languages:
Please refer to the previous section for the integrity violations that OAI assesses and investigates. Other types of concerns may be handled by other offices, such as the Office of Professional Conduct , Procurement, Portfolio, and Financial Management Department , and Accountability Mechanism .
In general, OAI does not assess the following types of complaints:
- Complaints that do not relate to JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游-financed, -administered, or -supported activity.
- Complaints of misconduct relating to bullying and harassment, which are reviewed by the Office of Professional Conduct in the first instance.
- Procurement-related complaints, such as concerns regarding tender requirements and objections to the results of a technical evaluation, which are addressed by the Procurement, Portfolio, and Financial Management Department.
- Concerns regarding the negative effects of an JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游-financed project and non-compliance to JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 operational policies and procedures, which are addressed by the Accountability Mechanism.
- Scams using JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游’s name unless it is a known entity. Please refer to OAI’s Scam Alert page on JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游’s website.
To ensure integrity of your complaint and maintain confidentiality, we recommend that your complaint is filed directly with OAI, without copy to others, through one of the following methods:
Online Complaint form
Complete the complaint form .
Send email to [email protected] or [email protected] .
Call +63 2 8632 5004. Provides direct access to OAI.
Please note that this is not a 24/7 manned phone line. Callers outside normal business hours may leave a message. This is not a toll-free number, and normal local or long-distance telephone charges
Send a fax to +63 2 8636 2152.
Please note that this is not a toll-free number, and normal local or long-distance telephone charges will apply.
Send mail to Office of Anticorruption and Integrity, Asian Development Bank, 6 JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 Avenue, Mandaluyong City, 1550 Metro Manila PHILIPPINES.
The working language of OAI is English. You may submit your complaint in any of the official or national languages of JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游's developing member countries ; however please note that review of such complaints will require additional time for translation.
You should provide us with the following information:
- Related JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 activity - If your complaint relates to an integrity violation in an JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 project, identify the project (e.g., Loan XXXXX). You may also include the specific contract details, if known (e.g., Contract No. XXXXX).
- Persons, entities involved - Indicate the names, designations and contact information of the individuals and entities who committed the integrity violation, including their affiliation, if known.
- Integrity violation - Identify what integrity violation occurred, and describe how it happened. Account for all relevant details that are known to you. You may check the integrity violations and the examples listed above for reference.
- Time and place - Provide the dates, times and addresses when and where the integrity violation occurred.
- Supporting evidence - Along with your complaint, send evidence to support your allegations. If you are sending emails as evidence, we request that you send the original emails as an attachment. If your evidence is in a language other than English, we also request that you provide English translations as attachment when possible.
Good faith reporting
OAI accepts all complaints reported in good faith, regardless of their source.
OAI takes false and/or malicious allegations seriously. Any person who falsely and/or maliciously reports an integrity violation may be subject to remedial action.
You may request that your name be kept confidential. OAI takes reasonable measures to retain investigative information and records under adequate controls to ensure security and confidentiality. OAI shares confidential information with relevant parties only under limited circumstances.
When reporting an integrity violation, you may remain anonymous. However, we request that you provide us with contact information so we may reach you for clarification or for further information.
Retaliation is any detrimental act, direct or indirect, recommended, threatened or taken against a whistleblower or witness, or person associated with a whistleblower or witness, in a manner material to a complaint because of the report or cooperation with an JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 investigation by the whistleblower or witness.
If you feel that you have been subject to retaliation as a consequence of reporting an integrity violation or for cooperating with an OAI investigation, please report this concern to OAI immediately.
See JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游’s Administrative Order 2.10 - Whistleblower and Witness Protection for more information.
Once registered, OAI assigns each complaint a case number. This case number should be referred to in all further case-related correspondence with OAI.
OAI reviews all complaints against the following complaints assessment criteria to determine whether further investigation is warranted:
|Complaints assessment criteria|
|·||Mandate – The complaint should relate to activities that OAI is authorized to investigate.|
|·||Credibility – There should be reasonable possibility that a violation occurred.|
|·||Verifiability – Practical options are available to obtain sufficient evidence in determining the truth of the allegations on the balance of probabilities. Please note that OAI independently verifies all information and evidence provided to it.|
|·||Materiality – The matter is of sufficient importance to justify the projected requirements of the investigation and any remedial action.|
Other Considerations – If the complaint meets the above criteria but other relevant considerations exist (e.g., the matter may be effectively addressed through other options available to JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游, including appropriate remedial actions), OAI will close the complaint.
If an alleged integrity violation in JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游-related activities meets the first four criteria, and there are no existing considerations to justify a closure of the complaint, OAI will convert the complaint into an investigation .
If the allegation does not meet the complaints assessment criteria, OAI will close the complaint and, if appropriate, refer the matter to another JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 department.
Read more: Complaints Assessment Process