Job Vacancy | Monday, August 29, 2022
IMPORTANT INFORMATION :
Close relatives 1 of JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游.
1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of India.
Asian Development Bank (JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific , while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030 .
JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 only hires nationals of its 68 members .
The position is assigned in India Resident Mission (INRM) within the South Asia Department (SARD). INRM assists in the project implementation of the loans and technical assistance (TA) projects and supports the JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 HQ in processing new loans in India. INRM works closely with government agencies, development partners, private sector partners, and other stakeholders to facilitate the successful formulation, processing, administration and monitoring of JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游-financed loan and technical assistance (TA) projects.
To view JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 Organizational Chart, please click here .
The Senior Programs Officer actively contributes to providing in-depth knowledge and technical expertise in INRM's country strategy and programming work, policy dialogue, and knowledge management. The incumbent will report to the Country Directorand and/or designated international staff (IS) and will supervise administrative staff (AS)
- Undertakes the following key tasks and assignments: (i) formulates sector-wise and state-wise operation strategies that will enable a more solid and diverse pipeline with strong development impact, while strengthening the linkage of analytical studies to country programming; (ii) establishes a robust system to monitor project readiness and processing; (iii) undertakes continuous review and assessment of progress and advance readiness of pipeline projects, updating and rationalizing the projects to strengthen the pipeline and make it more robust; and (iv) assists in developing One JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 projects (i.e., bringing together expertise and knowledge in a range of areas across the institution) aimed at synergizing JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 funding support to Indian stakeholders;
- Formulates, in coordination with other Country Programming Unit (CPU) staff, an action plan that sets out the course for India operations and map out activities to ensure that these meet the operational plans, priorities, approaches, and results framework of Strategy 2030;
- Provides the requisite expertise and analysis that would ensure that JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 country operations in India are fully consistent with the India CPS and Strategy 2030;
- Provides technical and strategic inputs to the preparation of country partnership strategies from the perspective of country programming;
- Develops a thorough understanding of JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 policies related to country programming and provides support to country programming by helping to organize, support, and participate in meetings, conferences, seminars, and workshops, including country programming missions;
- Coordinates and assists programming unit staff in formulating and implementing a detailed action plan to develop a project pipeline that builds upon JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游’s ongoing initiatives in India, the Government of India’s priority programs, and the key areas highlighted in the CPS;
- Participates in discussions with Government on the details of the proposed program and follow up issues with concerned ministries and take actions to help resolve problems and serve as a liaison with the Government;
- Participates in fact-finding and appraisal missions of projects to provide policy advice and programming information to sector development, as required; helps follow up issues for fact-finding, appraisal, negotiation, and Board presentation; and provides support for carrying out policy dialogue with the government on policy matters and institutional issues;
- Maintains close contact with the Government on all programming matters, providing feedback to the Country Director, Deputy Country Director, and concerned Headquarters staff;
- Provides support to project development unit in conducting critical knowledge operation linked to projects development, wherever necessary;
- Provides strategic inputs to ensure that TA projects and knowledge work are operationally relevant;
- Contributes to the preparation of loan and TA profiles, Project Information Documents (PIDs), etc.;
- Prepares regular reports on the status of processing of the overall loan and TA program and manages correspondence with the Government on various Aide Memoires and loan/grant and TA approvals;
- Assists other staff of the Programs and Economics Unit in the preparation and/or finalization of various programming documents as required;
- Supports processing and administers implementation of assigned TAs by assisting start-up operations; monitoring progress; and where necessary represent JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 in tripartite discussions with the government;
- Independently prepares project completion reports/technical assistance completion reports as and when assigned;
- Builds relationship to promote coordination with other stakeholders (e.g., Government, donors, civil society, private sector) and explore cofinancing opportunities with development partners;
- Contributes to team capacity building, and provides guidance to facilitate work planning, work execution and quality control;
- Participates as a team member in setting INRM goals and standards, and helps to ensure that quality, output, and performance targets are met; and
- Performs other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, preferably with master's degree or equivalent.
- At least 8 years work experience in applied economic theory/quantitative methods and policy work, and at least 4 years of supervisory experience.
- Relevant experience in programming works.
- Experience with an international organization will be an added advantage.
- A track record of publications on economic issues would be a significant advantage.
- Sound technical knowledge of government project approval procedures and administrative, political, and development issues specific to India.
- Proficiency in the use of technology packages (common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proven ability to handle a multitude of tasks and to adhere to deadlines while producing professional-quality outputs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a multicultural team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and the national language, with effective report writing in English.
- Please refer to the link for JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 Competency Framework for National Staff Level 3 – 4.
The selected candidate, if new to JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package . Actual appointment salary will be based on JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. JJ竞技(拉萨)登录手游 encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.
Stay up to date Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest issues, news, events, jobs and data in your e-mail inbox.